Monday, January 19, 2009

Day One-Valcyte

I took my first dose of Valcyte (900mg) today at 11:46. A couple hours later I began to feel the side effects of it-some nausea, wooziness at times, increased fatigue. Tonight I feel an increase in muscle aches and increased fatigue.

Prior to bedtime I'll take my second 900mg dose. Following Dr. Montoya's protocol, I'll stay at the 1800mg dosing for 21 days and then reduce the dose to 900mg for the rest of the six months.

I did a lot of thinking about this and a lot of research. It feels like one of those things that I have to try. I don't know what the outcome will be. Even though every doctor I have seen so far has said to go on Valcyte there has been various reasons why I've delayed starting it. It's a good thing I didn't start until getting out of that moldy place though.

Today we went for a walk on a trail about 10 minutes from here. Because we moved it's much more accessible. We walked very, very slowly for about 15 minutes. I used to go running there for years. It was nice to be back. While walking on the trail I kept trying visualizing what my body used to feel like when it was healthy. I was grateful for being able to go out at all. It was difficult but worth it.

We're getting into more meaty subjects in my self help class which is nice. I was a little worried.

My cognitive functioning may decline for a bit while on Valcyte.

I pray this works. I have a feeling it's going to be a roller coaster.

1 comment:

Renee said...

Hope this new medication brings good results!
You are in my thoughts.

Renee