Sunday, December 15, 2013

The Best and the Brightest...

I've been wanting to do this post for awhile especially because its around the Holidays. Because I'm flat on my back with a herx and muscle/joint/tendon pain I've become aware that its the 15th-ten days before x-mas!  I've commented before that since getting sick I have a different perspective on time.

It has been said that this disease takes the best and brightest out of the circle of life. As I've gotten to know people in the M.E. world I have to agree. I can name names but I feel that if I do I'm "outing" people. Some don't want their name associated with this disease (why do we call it an illness when this is a progressive disease but that's a topic for another post). Given the stigma attached and the consequences thereof (psychiatric hospitalizations especially in the UK) I don't blame them. We all know that Laura Hillenbrand was stricken down by this disease. How she managed to write two books with severe vertigo is amazing and inspiring.

Anyway, over the past several years I've gotten to know and become friends with two people who also have this disease. They've become two of my favorite people. Without going into details both of them helped me out when I was in a very dark, dark place that I didn't think I'd make it out. Cusp in particular reached out her hand and got others to do the same. I don't know how to thank them except to post about their work, how much I admire them, think they are funny, and how creative and talented they both are.

If ever two people are deserving to be supported these two people are. I don't know how much detail to go into about their lives except to say they are very, very ill. In spite of that they give back to the community in spades.

In the day to day survival of the onslaught of symptoms and how all encompassing they can be its easy to forget or even not know what someone's previous life was like....

They have created a music album that is simply excellent! Below are links to where to find info as well as where to purchase the album (or song/s). I really want to support these two people. If you are looking for a gift for the Holidays/New Year's/Valentine's Day or anything buy this. It's a great way to not only buy great music but also to give back.....

Here's info about their band Dropkick (both have an extensive history in the music world and are from the UK and Australia):

http://www.cfsngay.blogspot.com.au/2013/11/well-after-last-few-months-of-crappy.html

Facebook-Dropkick

2 comments:

Cusp said...

Blushes like a Scott Bonnet chile pepper :)

Why thank you my dear. You are sweet ! xxx

Lee Lee said...

Oh thanks so much for posting about us :) You have been one of my favorite people in cyber world too .. and you have also helped me in immeasurable ways .. so THANK YOU! xo